Saint Luke's Foundation of Cleveland, Ohio
11327 Shaker Blvd., Ste. 600 W.
Cleveland, OH United States 44104-3862
Telephone: (216) 431-8010
Type of Grantmaker
- Health conversion foundation
Established in 1997 in OH; converted from the Saint Luke's Medical Center - Originally established in 1894 as the Cleveland General Hospital, the name was changed to Saint Luke’s in 1906. In 1997, Saint Luke’s became part of a for-profit health care corporation, and the charitable assets were used to establish the Saint Luke’s Foundation of Cleveland, Ohio. The grantmaker is a signatory to Philanthropy's Promise, an initiative of the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP). By signing on, the grantmaker has committed to allocating the majority of its grantmaking dollars to marginalized communities and at least 25 percent to social justice strategies, such as advocacy, community organizing, and civic engagement.