The Reinberger Foundation
30000 Chagrin Blvd., No. 300
Cleveland, OH United States 44124-5721
Telephone: (216) 292-2790
Type of Grantmaker
Established in 1968 in OH - Founded by Clarence T. Reinberger and his wife Louise Fischer Reinberger. Clarence T. Reinberger was born in 1894 on Cleveland's west side, and began his business career in the 1920's as a pioneer in the automobile replacement parts field. Starting as a clerk in the Cleveland retail store of the National Automotive Parts Association's (NAPA) Automotive Parts Company, he soon advanced to manager of the firm's store in Akron. The firm continued to grow, and when Mr. Reinberger became president in 1948 it consisted of forty retail/wholesale stores in Ohio, with warehouses in Cleveland, Columbus, and Charleston, WV. The firm prospered under Mr. Reinberger's leadership, and in the 1960's the Automotive Parts Company merged with the Genuine Parts Company of Atlanta. Mr. Reinberger held the position of Chairman of the Board of Genuine Parts Company until his death in 1968. Mr. Reinberger left a substantial bequest to the foundation at his death in 1968. Louise Fischer Reinberger was born in Germany. Upon Mrs. Reinberger's subsequent death in 1984, the major portion of her estate was also bequeathed to the foundation. Although the Reinbergers had no children, the foundation continues to be managed by several generations of Mr. Reinberger's family.