333 W. Fort St., Ste. 2090
Detroit, MI United States 48226-3134
Telephone: (313) 963-3495
Type of Grantmaker
Incorporated in 1925 in MI - In 1925, Tracy and Katherine McGregor decided to make sure their extensive financial resources would continue to be used for social, educational and charitable programs. In that year, they established the McGregor Fund. They continued to add to the Fund’s resources until it was large enough to commence an active grant program. During 1931-1936, Tracy identified the Fund’s primary grantmaking priorities. They included higher education, youth services, health care and science. Special grants were given for programs aiding transients and homeless, the chronically ill, and education programs benefiting African Americans. In addition to the Fund, Tracy and Katherine continued to give generously from their own personal accounts to local charities including the Detroit Community Fund and the McGregor Institute. After Tracy's death in 1936, Katherine continued to give major gifts to the Fund and local charities until her death in 1954. Since then, the Fund has continued to carry out the legacy of Tracy and Katherine McGregor.