Carl B. and Florence E. King Foundation
2301 Cedar Springs Rd., Ste. 330
Dallas, TX United States 75201-7886
Telephone: (214) 750-1884
Type of Grantmaker
Established in 1966 in TX, US; Carl B. and Florence E. King established their private foundation in 1966. Originally from the Northeast, the Kings settled in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1909, where Mr. King began work as an oilfield roughneck. The family prospered and he founded his own drilling company. As his company became involved in the West Texas oilfields, the family relocated to Dallas in 1935 and Mr. King opened an office in Midland. Mr. King died in 1967 and Mrs. King in 1983. Both Mr. and Mrs. King, and their daughter Dorothy, who died in 1992, contributed to the foundation.