The Gerber Foundation
(formerly The Gerber Companies Foundation and The Gerber Baby Food Fund)
4747 W. 48th St., Ste. 153
Fremont, MI United States 49412-8119
Telephone: (231) 924-3175
Type of Grantmaker
Incorporated in 1952 in MI with funds from Gerber Products Co. - The foundation was established in 1952 as the Gerber Baby Foods Fund by Daniel Gerber, Sr. and Gerber Products Company. The name of the foundation was changed to The Gerber Companies Foundation in 1985 to more accurately reflect the status of the company with its many subsidiaries. In 1994, the foundation became a separately endowed, private foundation when Gerber Products Company merged with Sandoz Ltd. In 1997, the name was changed to The Gerber Foundation.