The Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation, Inc.
1 South St., Ste. 2900
Baltimore, MD United States 21202-3334
Telephone: (410) 347-7201
Type of Grantmaker
Incorporated in 1957 in MD - Founded by the late Jacob Blaustein and his wife, Hilda. In 1910, Jacob and his father, Louis Blaustein founded American Oil. The company gained national recognition for innovations such as one of the first drive-in gas stations, the first gasoline pump to show the motorist the amount of fuel received and the original antiknock gasoline that permitted the development of the high-compression engine. In 1954, American Oil merged with Standard Oil of Indiana, and American Trading and Production Corporation and the Blaustein family became major stockholders. Standard Oil of Indiana changed its name to AMOCO Corporation in 1985 and, in 1998 merged with British Petroleum to form BP Amoco. Hilda Blaustein was a trustee of the Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, the United Nations Association of Maryland, and the Women's Advertising Club of Baltimore