Skip to main content Skip to footer

Profile Last Updated: 04/15/2018 Grant Information Last Updated: 06/08/2018 eGrant

The Tull Charitable Foundation

Fast-track your prospect research with an Essential or Professional plan subscription.

Access lists of funders based on detailed search criteria and other features such as:

  • Maps and Charts
  • Funding Interests
  • Grant Information
  • Recipient Profiles
  • Applications/RFPs
  • Financials
  • Who's Who - Officers and Staff
  • News, Social Media and Publications

About

Purpose and Activities

Giving to assist Georgia nonprofit organizations with one-time capital costs associated with the implementation of strategic growth initiatives.

Hide

Trust established in 1952 in GA as The J.M. Tull Foundation; reorganized under current name in 1984 with the Tull Charitable Foundation - Mr. Joseph McKeehan Tull, born in 1878 in Philadelphia, was raised along with a sister and three brothers in western North Carolina. His father, a pharmacist, brought his family to Morganton in 1880 to establish the area's only drug store. Upon completion of grammar school, since there was at the time no local high school, J.M. Tull attended North Carolina State College in Raleigh. After a year and a half of school, he left the world of formal education to embark on a career in business. In 1907, an opportunity to work for the General Fire Extinguisher Company eventually brought J.M. Tull to the City of Atlanta. By 1914, he had opened his own business, the Southern Rubber and Supply Company, which was the precursor to the J.M. Tull Metal and Supply Company. Over the years, the company expanded and became a leader throughout the southeast. In 1952, he established the J.M. Tull Foundation as the charitable giving arm of the Tull Metal Company. He and the company held firm beliefs that each citizen should feel a duty to financially support charitable and civic endeavors. J.M. Tull died in November 1962, leaving his personal assets to the Foundation. When the Tull Metal Company was sold in 1985, the relationship between the company and the foundation was ended. At that time, the Tull Charitable Foundation was established as a companion to the original foundation. Eventually, the J.M. Tull Foundation was merged into the Tull Charitable Foundation. The Tull Charitable Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees that is comprised of respected leaders from the Atlanta community. The trustees continue the commitment to community service that was so highly valued by Mr. Tull

Hide

The Tull Charitable Foundation

Independent foundation

EIN

581687028

Bridge Number

0131999469

Location

191 Peachtree St. N.E., Ste. 3950 Atlanta, GA United States 30303-1740

Contact Information